10 DIY Ways to Increase Your Home's Value
When you are selling your home in Metro New Orleans, it's important to make your home look its best. Home buyers judge properties based on appearance and online listing photos, which is why home staging is crucial.
These easy, low-cost strategies will make your Metro New Orleans home look more appealing to potential buyers, which will ultimately help you sell your home for the right price.
The Essential Home Staging Tips
1. Mow the lawn and trim the bushes, especially the ones that block your windows and diminish sunlight.
2. Purchase a new doormat.
3. Add a bright pot of flowers (or even a small evergreen in winter) on your front porch.
4. Replace any old, tarnished doorknobs on your doors and polish or replace your house numbers.
5. Power-wash your driveway, sidewalk, and the exterior siding of your home.
6. Edge the grass around walkways and trees, and add fresh mulch to your planting beds.
7. Purchase a new mailbox.
8. Upgrade the outdoor lighting for a feeling of safety and to add dramatic effect; buyers drive by your home at night, too.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Place a seasonal wreath on your front door.
Do You Need to Make Home Improvements Before Selling?
Many home sellers contemplate major home improvements thinking they will add the most value to their home. But that may not be the best option for your home.
With our experience selling homes in Metro New Orleans, we can help you determine whether you need to make major improvements to your kitchens, bathrooms, or other living spaces. Call or email us and we can talk with you in detail.
Have Peace of Mind When Selling Your Metro New Orleans Home
There are many steps involved in selling a home in Metro New Orleans, from determining a price to negotiating offers, but you can breathe easier knowing that we will help you with every detail. If you are ready to sell your home, contact us and we can talk about your goals.